The Terrier executives just sat in a Saturday March 14th, conference call hosted by the GTHL, regarding Covid-19. It was attended by more than 100 GTHL GM’s and Presidents.
Here are the highlights of the call:
* Hockey Canada cancelled the season on March 12 (around 7:00 PM)
* Cancelling the season refers to ALL future games, practices, exhibition games, tourneys, championships (OHF’s and OHL Cup etc. etc.)
* The Clancy and Founders are cancelled and prorated refunds will apply
* Cancelling also refers to year end banquets, team meetings etc.
* Cancelling means the season is over! It is NOT postponed to a later date. It is cancelled!
* Hockey Canada insurance ended effective March 12
* All other uninsured, unsanctioned skates, camps etc., are outside the jurisdiction of the GTHL
* It is highly recommended that you DO NOT attend these events to help contain the spread of the virus
* All Terrier Club practice ice contracts ended prior to the HC announcement on March 12, so no refunds apply
* HC and the GTHL still need address the release point of the HCR cards for next season
* The GTHL will decide if the Annual General Mangers (AGM) scheduled for June will still proceed
* The GTHL will also decide fate of the GTHL Annual Awards Night scheduled for May
* A decision to hold the tryouts for U12 (MPWs) to U18 (Midgets) has NOT been made, so we will NOT post our tryouts at this point
* We will post the names of next year’s coaches and managers on our Terrier website March 15
* Equipment and jersey fitting schedule to be determined
We will continue to keep you posted on any and all information regarding this virus as we go forward.