Hi Terrier Families,
We’re writing this letter for three reasons. First to let you know that we are thinking of you and that we hope you and your families are doing well during this difficult time. Second, we’d like to attempt to provide you with a brief summary of our season and third to thank you for continuing to make us the best AA Club in the GTHL.
*** Please click here for the full letter ***
Unfortunately, due to rapidly changing circumstances tryouts for the 2020-2021 season have been cancelled until further notice.
For full details, please click here.
Please click here for a list of our team staff for the 2020-2021 season. We will post tryout information when it is available.
The Terrier executives just sat in a Saturday March 14th, conference call hosted by the GTHL, regarding Covid-19. It was attended by more than 100 GTHL GM’s and Presidents.
Here are the highlights of the call:
* Hockey Canada cancelled the season on March 12 (around 7:00 PM)
* Cancelling the season refers to ALL future games, practices, exhibition games, tourneys, championships (OHF’s and OHL Cup etc. etc.)
* The Clancy and Founders are cancelled and prorated refunds will apply
* Cancelling also refers to year end banquets, team meetings etc.
* Cancelling means the season is over! It is NOT postponed to a later date. It is cancelled!
* Hockey Canada insurance ended effective March 12
* All other uninsured, unsanctioned skates, camps etc., are outside the jurisdiction of the GTHL
* It is highly recommended that you DO NOT attend these events to help contain the spread of the virus
* All Terrier Club practice ice contracts ended prior to the HC announcement on March 12, so no refunds apply
* HC and the GTHL still need address the release point of the HCR cards for next season
* The GTHL will decide if the Annual General Mangers (AGM) scheduled for June will still proceed
* The GTHL will also decide fate of the GTHL Annual Awards Night scheduled for May
* A decision to hold the tryouts for U12 (MPWs) to U18 (Midgets) has NOT been made, so we will NOT post our tryouts at this point
* We will post the names of next year’s coaches and managers on our Terrier website March 15
* Equipment and jersey fitting schedule to be determined
We will continue to keep you posted on any and all information regarding this virus as we go forward.
URGENT! In order to help stop the spread of Covid-19, and for the health and safety of all Mississauga Terrier families, effective immediately, the Mississauga Terriers have cancelled ALL future hockey practices, until further notice. We also strongly recommend that all Terrier players, coaches and parents avoid any uninsured, unsanctioned skates that may be planned outside the jurisdiction of the GTHL.
At this time, we are awaiting further direction from Hockey Canada, the OHF and the GTHL regarding April based tryouts.
Also, as mandated in the OHF notice, the Mississauga Terriers will be cancelling our Year End Banquet scheduled for April 14 at the Oasis Convention Centre in Mississauga. We will coordinate the distribution of year end gifts and awards with all team managers.
Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.